Friday, July 15, 2011

The next step...Planning

It's been awhile since I've worked on my fastback.  Between vacation, my class reunion, and the HOT weather, work in the garage has come to a crawl.   But the temps have moderated  here in central Indiana and I hope to get some work done this weekend...after I fix my mother-in-law's car which needs front brakes and a new CV joint boot on the right-front outer axle.   Hopefully, that will only take a couple of hours at most.


In the mean time, I'm measuring and planning the cuts in the driver's side firewall extension so that I can get the new piece as closely cut and aligned as possible.   I'm hoping to have the offending rusty piece cut out tonight.  Then tomorrow, after my other car work, I'll  fit and trim the extension, get it in place with my fancy Eastwood weld clamps, and start the process of getting it welded in.   I also have a small patch to put in below the brake pedal support in the firewall.   Once this is done, I can get back on the driver's front floor pan.

So I should have some more photos to share after the weekend and more important, progress on the car.  The goal is to have her on the rotisserie by the end of August...this year.   LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment